Crypto website. An overview of the events of 2017. How things have changed.
The introduction of bitcoin futures - a turning point in crypto economics.
In fact, it means full entry of crypto currency into the world economy and displays two positive trends. Firstly, the need for futures as such indicates that large players are interested in crypto currencies. Consequently, crypto market can expect multimillion-dollar investments. Secondly, this is the first cautious "official" step of crypto currency in the traditional market. The first step is usually followed by the second, third and so on. Quite possibly, these steps will soon become more and more rapid as the yield of crypto currency exceeds the profitability of other assets. Investors who believe in such prospects will use this opportunity and skeptics will just stick to on short-term investments.
Legalization and/or introduction of taxes on crypto currencies also made 2017 a turning point in the crypto sphere.
After taxation was introduced in the United States some holders felt less free but the majority sighed with relief. This measure, according to investors, is the first step on the way to full crypto currency recognition in the country and hence to guarantees and protection by the law. Similarly, the legalization of a number of operations with Bitcoin and the Ethereum in Japan, recognition in Germany, etc. did the same thing.
The prohibition of crypto currency in China and a number of other countries operates on the same principle as legalization but vice versa.
The most notable was in China as China has the status of one of the largest trading states and there are many mining giants based there. The permission for crypto currencies by the Chinese authorities would increase their turnover in the world market by hundreds of times - and the ban has worked in the same way, only in the opposite direction. The consequence has been in one of the biggest falls in the history of Bitcoin, and after it fell alternative coins went the same path (however, then Bitcoin and altcoins in demand recovered: the world economy is not influenced by China only).
The ban on crypto currencies in South Korea, Vietnam and other countries did not cause such consequences since their presence on the market is much less significant but the overall crypto currency status has slightly dropped.
As much as people think they know about crypto currencies, there is always a lot of other information to earn. In such cases, some sort of crypto website is of immense help. In order to understand well what Bitcoin is and how to interact with it, you will have to read and re-read a lot of theoretical material. And since there is a lot of such material on the Internet and it is not always clear how to begin, we have prepared for you a list of the most important websites related to this crypto currency.
The main websites dedicated to Bitcoin:
- Bitcoin.org - This is the official page of the project, the Bitcoin Foundation voice and open source for developers who are engaged in the project development. There is not much information for the average user but we think that it is especially helpful to read the FAQ.
- BlockChain.info - This is perhaps the most important and useful website about the network. This resource has a complete list of blocks in the blockchain designed in convenient web pages. You can get detailed information about the technical information of the unit, the number and content of transactions and much more.
- Bitcoin Wiki - Bitcoin wiki, a collection of articles devoted to the network in general and the currency in particular.
- BitcoinTalk is the main cryptoclub dedicated to Bitcoin. All the main news, rumors, people and discussions are here. If you want to be aware of what happens to Bitcoin, then registration is required.
- CryptoCoinCharts is a website dedicated to the price component of the currency. Here you can find the current rate, the ratio of Bitcoin to other crypto currencies, technical information from exchanges and much more.
- CryptMarketCap - a website about the crypto currencies capitalization, where you can also find out the current number of issued coins, the percentage change in capitalization and much more.
- CoinWarz - many useful services, for example, profit calculators for different crypto currencies.
- WebBTC is a block explorer with detailed information about each block.
- Bitcoin Wisdom is one of the most advanced websites for analyzing exchange trading. Has a very detailed chart of price changes in the form of Japanese candles, a parallel collection of information from four exchanges and much more. A very useful tool for a trader.
- Bitcoin.ClarkMoody.com - another website devoted to trading analytics, has slightly less advanced functionality than the previous one but is also good in general. Among other things, there are settings for information to be provided with more in-depth analysis.
- The Genesis Block is a very good website with lots of useful information on crypto mining, trading and news in general.
- Bitcoinity.org is another website with current price analysis. Aesthetically pleasing and intuitive graphic representation, a review of the 5 largest exchanges.
- Bitcoin Carts - this website contains a lot of useful technical information, in particular the current complexity, network capacity, pool statistics and much more. Also worthy of being bookmarked.
- Coindesk is one of the main information resources dedicated to Bitcoin. Many of the news publications begin here.
- BitInfoCharts is a very useful website with technical information on the most popular crypto currencies.
- CryptoCoinsNews is dedicated to crypto currency news.
- Mt.Gox is the main exchange, which has been determining the cost of Bitcoin all over the world for a long time. In the autumn of 2013 it briefly became inferior to BTC China but then regained the leading position.
- BTC China - the stock exchange, which recently came in second place in terms of volume of trading. Unfortunately it is entirely in Chinese so it is almost useless for those who do not speak the language.
- BTC-e entered the top 5 crypto exchanges of the world in terms of trading volume thanks to a convenient interface and various ways of money input-output. The most in demand in the Russian-speaking segment.
- Bitstamp is the fourth biggest exchange. It was founded as a European-focused alternative to then-dominant Mt. Gox.
- Payment services based on Bitcoin
- CoinBase is a service for receiving payment with Bitcoin. If you want your business to be paid for in Bitcoin but you do not want to deal with them yourself - use the intermediary. CoinBase will take over the conversion operation and you just get the dollar amount that you needed.
- BitPay is a similar service taking on the role of an intermediary when paying with Bitcoin.
- Bitcoin-Qt - the first client which the network was built on. Excellent choice in terms of security, anonymity and endurance. On the other hand, it supports few options and takes up a lot of space.
- MultiBit is a lightweight crypto wallet, the main advantage of which is that it is fast and simple to use. Synchronization with the network and preparation for use occurs in the course of a few minutes.
- Android Bitcoin Wallet - a wallet for Android.
- Bitcoin Armory was built on the basis of Bitcoin-Qt and extends its capabilities. Provides additional options for backup and encryption, supports cold data storage.
- Electrum is fast and accessible to use and requires few resources. It uses distant servers that manage the most complex operations and makes it possible to restore your wallet with a password.
- Listen To Bitcoin - a website receives information about each transaction in the network and formats it as a "music bubble". The size and sound of this is determined by the amount of the transaction.
- Casascius - this website allows you to buy a "physical" Bitcoin - very beautiful coin made of gold or silver with a hologram containing the "key".
- FiatLeak – a website that allows you to track which country the bitcoins have been bought in and from.
As for cryptochats, there are multiple channels, which allow you to have a more personal approach to crypto currency trading and investing.
News.Bitcoin.com (35,000 subscribers) - the news guide of Roger Ver's website Bitcoin.com. They publish news, analytics as well as information about ICO-projects. What is useful:
- Actual news
- Analytical editorials
- Press releases of projects
Cointelegraph (54,000 subscribers) - one of the most prominent crypto currency portals cointelegraph.com not only publishes links to its webpages: reviews, news, advertising but also funny stories and cartoons. What is useful:
- Actual news
- Expert opinions
- Crypto currency rates
DeCenter (75,000 subscribers) - they start every morning the day with a newsletter with current news and they publish analytical and training articles for crypto enthusiasts during the day. In addition, you can debate all the topics in the cryptochat rooms about trading and mining. What is useful:
- Actual news
- Educational material
- ICO reviews
More and more people devote their time to invest in crypto currencies, especially considering the news about the next Bitcoin take-off. If you are new to crypto invests, do your homework, try to explore the topic and learn all the details. Start with a simple vocabulary, understand how the blockchain works – you can find dozens of useful videos on YouTube. Subscribe to Telegram-channels on blockchain, coins and investments - they will help you get it faster. Subscribe to Twitter accounts and blogs of the main people of the crypto currency community.
Join cryptochats of well-known traders. Chats are designed to ask questions, consult like-minded people, see what decisions other traders make in real time and keep track of important news. Logging into the chat will not be difficult - they all have open access. But if you came across some unexpected news or opinions on them, do not react to every price drop. It is better to follow the market, see how some news affects the rate in the long term. For example, Bitcoin has experienced a significant drop more than once: with the first major hacker robberies, with the ban of ICO in China and even with a negative mention of a crypto coin by some serious investor. But often within a few weeks the rate stabilized and we saw growth again.